Have a question about repairing and replacing parts or general maintenance? Ask and discuss here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Postby N749C » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:06 pm
Buying my first Meyers. The mechanic has recommended to leave the step actuator disabled. It has been rebuilt and failed three times recently. Does anyone have a suggestion? Would really like it to be functional,but the thought of having it dump all of the hydraulic fluid into the belly of the plane and leave the fear down is not too pleasant.

The actuator was rebuilt professionally as were the previous units. A&P says that the unit is an old car hydraulic unit that is not properly pressure rated for the plane. With over a hundred of you out there flying, would love some opinions. Global parts, got any recommendations????
Postby N749C » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:08 pm
N749C wrote:Buying my first Meyers. The mechanic has recommended to leave the step actuator disabled. It has been rebuilt and failed three times recently. Does anyone have a suggestion? Would really like it to be functional,but the thought of having it dump all of the hydraulic fluid into the belly of the plane and leave the fear down is not too pleasant.

The actuator was rebuilt professionally as were the previous units. A&P says that the unit is an old car hydraulic unit that is not properly pressure rated for the plane. With over a hundred of you out there flying, would love some opinions. Global parts, got any recommendations????

Sorry, leave the GEAR down not fear down.. &$$)(/ auto correct.
Postby CharlieDelta » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:51 am
I have not heard of this being a common issue. I'll PM you the info for a Meyers owning A&P/IA that should have a better perspective than me.
Postby DONALD LEE PETTY » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:02 pm
SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE LEFT THE INLINE RESTRICTION ORFICE OUT
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Login